Sassy in da South's Note:
Good as a side dish or could be the main entree. If serving as a main entree, this recipe would be appropriate for two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup small cooked shrimp
- 8 canned pineapple rings, drained
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, white and green sections
- 1 -2 tablespoon canned hot jalapeno pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil, for stir-frying (more or less as needed)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups cold cooked rice, scented jasmine or 2 cups basmati rice, if possible
- 1 -2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- sugar, to taste
- 1Cut the shrimp in half if desired.
- 2Cut the pineapple rings into wedges.
- 3Wash and grate the carrot.
- 4Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- 5Peel and chop the onion.
- 6Wash and finely chop the green onion.
- 7Chop the Jalapeno pepper.
- 8Heat a wok or frying pan over medium to medium-heat.
- 9Add the oil, rotating the pan so that it coats the bottom and sides.
- 10When the oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger and chopped Jalapenos.
- 11Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the red bell pepper and the grated carrot.
- 12Add the pineapple and the shrimp.
- 13Stir-fry briefly.
- 14Add the rice, and cook for about 2 minutes, continually stirring and tossing until it becomes shiny.
- 15Stir in the soy sauce.
- 16Stir in the curry powder and sugar.
- 17Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Stir in the green onion or use as a garnish. Serve hot.
- 18Garnish Suggestions: toasted coconut, crushed peanuts, and/or fresh mint sprigs or cilantro.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple & Shrimp Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 260.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: