Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The Best of Taiwanese Cuisine.
- Preheat the oven to 300. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and airy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour gradually, stirring until well blended.
- Spread the dough evenly on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 33-39 minutes, or until golden brown. Be careful not to scorch the edges.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven, set it on a wire rack, and allow it to cool slightly.
- When the shortbread is cool enough to handle, but still malleable, spread it with pineapple preserves.
- Slice it lengthwise into 6 strips, and then cross-wise into 9 strips to form 1-inch squares.