Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is a cake for your sweet tooth. I got this recipe from a co-worker in the 1970's. It is a rich, moist and delicious sheet cake. Serving size varies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a jelly roll pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the flour, soda, and pineapple; mix well. Pour batter into the greased jelly roll pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and nuts.
- Sprinkle on top of the unbaked cake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and pour on the topping while the cake is still hot.
- To make the Topping:.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar, & evaporated milk and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour on cake while cake is still hot.
- Cake is good warm or cold.
I made this for PAC Spring '09. I didn't use the 1 cup pecans because my husband doesn't like them. This is very good similar in taste tp pineapple upside down cake but easier to make.
Very moist, delicious sheet cake. Since it is baked on a jelly roll pan (mine is 15" x 10"), servings are thin which helps to lessen the guilt! Will definitely bake again. Thanks!
Ok, we tasted it warm and it is fabulous! My husband loved it! Would be great for parties with all that it could serve. Awesome...thx!!!