Recipe by Jazz Lover
This is my absolute all time favorite cake that my mother used to make. It has a buttery glazed icing that makes this cake to die for. It is even better after it sits for several days.
Top Review by Miss Eve
I made this cake and it's good but I'm wondering, did you forget to include salt in the recipe? Next time I bake it I'll add maybe a teaspoon of salt and see if that takes care of the kinda bland taste. If so, then I'll give it a five star rating. The glaze is to die for and deserves five stars.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 cups sugar, flour, and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, oil and pineapple and mix well.
- Bake in a greased sheet cake pan at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- For icing, boil milk, margarine, sugar and vanilla for 5 to 6 minutes in a heavy pan. Add coconut and nuts if desired.
- Spread on cake while icing is warm.