Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my absolute all time favorite cake that my mother used to make. It has a buttery glazed icing that makes this cake to die for. It is even better after it sits for several days.
- Mix 2 cups sugar, flour, and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, oil and pineapple and mix well.
- Bake in a greased sheet cake pan at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- For icing, boil milk, margarine, sugar and vanilla for 5 to 6 minutes in a heavy pan. Add coconut and nuts if desired.
- Spread on cake while icing is warm.