Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a super delicious cake!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 lb) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup walnuts (Chopped)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the flour,2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, can of pineapple with juice, baking soda and salt together and pour into a large cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- For topping; In a saucepan, bring sugar, butter and milk to a boil; cook for 5 minutes (slowly).
- Add nuts, coconut and vanilla.
- Spread this on warm cake.
- Put under broiler for a few minutes until brown and crunchy.
My daughter-in-law made this for our Thanksgiving menu. Very moist, and delicious. Slightly different from my family's version, yet very much the same!
It's nice, but I would omit the topping completely! It's just too sweet, and without it, I'm sure it would turn out great.
Delicious!! It reminds me of the fruit cocktail squares my mom used to make years ago--but with a different flavor. Took this to a potluck yesterday & everyone raved about the taste/moistness. I'll definitely make this again.