Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this recipe from a friend, it definitely satisfies your sweet tooth.
- 6 5⁄8 ounces stella d' oro cookies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 16 ounces pineapple chunks (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Shell: Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove 1 cookie and coarsely crush. Set aside.
- Place remaining cooies in a food processor and pulse to make fine crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup for filling.
- In a bowl, combine remaining crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter. Spread mixture over the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Filling: In a large bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and sugar. Set aside 1/4 cup of the pineapple for garnish. Stir remaining pineapple into cheese mixture.
- In another bowl, beat together cream and confectioner's sugar until stiff. Add to pineapple mixture and gently fold until just combined. Fold 1/2 cup reserved cookie crumbs into pineapple mixture. Plave into pie shell, mounding the filling.
- To garnish, sprinkle reserved pineapple and coarsely crushed cookie over filling. Freeze 6 hours or overnite.
- To serve, remove pie from freezer and place in fridge 15 to 20 minutes for easy cutting.