Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family favorite for holiday meals! Great any time of year; especially with ham or chicken. When I sold real estate in Kingwood, Texas, a co-worker and dear friend gave this to me. Be ready for recipe requests.
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 8 slices white bread, cubed about 4 cups
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9 X 13" dish.
- Melt butter, cool. Beat eggs, add sugar and beat well. Dump in undrained pineapple. Mix in butter and bread cubes.
- Dump mixture into the lightly greased dish.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Bread rises to top and toasts. (Watch carefully--some ovens only take 45 minutes!).