Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like the flavour of pineapple and it is an easy appetizer to make and one that can be frozen. It came from a Church cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can pineapple chunk (19 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Cook sausage in oil until brown.
- Drain well and.
- cut into thirds.
- Over medium heat, cook drained.
- pineapple juice, sugar and cornstarch until thick.
- Add vinegar, soya sauce, sausages and pineapple.
- Heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot in chafing dish with cocktail sticks.
- Can be frozen.
very good & easy to prepare !! thanks
I used store bought, pre-cooked meatballs to save time. Since I was making them as hors'douvres for a party I prepared the sauce in a skillet, added the meatballs & pineapple chunks until well-coated & hot. Then I used toothpicks to pierce one chunk of pineapple & one meatball each & arranged them all on a plate to serve. They were a big hit! Thanks!