Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Use to top your favorite flavor ice cream or to create a banana split! Great with peach or mango ice cream with macadamia nuts on top, or could be used over pancakes, waffles, pound cake or even ham. For best results, take time to chill in refrigerator.
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to med-high, stirring until reduced to about 1 cup (about 3-5 minutes).
- Place in container with lid and allow to chill in refrigerator.
Superb pineapple and ginger sauce, I used fresh ginger. Loved it!