Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful compliment for ham or any other kind of pork. I always serve it on Christmas with my ham. Can easily be doubled.
- 3 medium Red Delicious apples, peeled and diced
- 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add everything to medium saucepan.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes until apples are soft.
- Serve hot.
- Serve this side dish with ham, pork chops, grilled sausage or as a side dish for Christmas dinner like I do.
A wonderful sauce! I served this with thick ham slices. It's a very easy sauce to make and it turned the ordinary ham slices into an elegant dish. Thanks for sharing, Bethany. :-)
Love this! I made it to serve over broiled pork chops. It is so good. A nice mix of flavors, I used the 20 oz can of pineapple and 1/4 t cinnamon. This really turned plain chops into something special! Thanks!
I added fresh lemon juice in the end to make it more tangy and it was very good...I like it when easy and delicious recipes are posted ....Hope you do not mind the twist :-)