Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Wrap in a warmed tortilla burrito style, serve along a side of Mexican rice or serve with tortilla chips. The pineapple adds just a slightly sweet bite and the beans help to create a creamy consistency. Freezeable.
Pineapple Salsa Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halves (frozen or not)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple or 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup prepared salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper and garlic powder
- sour cream
- flour tortilla
- Season the breast halves with garlic powder, salt and pepper; place in slow cooker. Combine the pineapple salsa chicken ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. (Check at 6 hours.).
- When done, carefully remove the chicken and shred. Place the chicken back in with the rest of the ingredients and stir. (If the mixture is too soupy, it can be drained.) Serve as desired with garnishes or wrap burrito style.