Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
We like the leftovers served in a tortilla with fixins, this makes a great chicken burrito.
Make and share this Pineapple Salsa Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -6 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (drain the juice)
- 1 can black beans (do not drain)
- 1 (32 ounce) jarof mild to medium chunky style salsa (I make my own)
- Place the thawed chicken breasts in the crockpot and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with warm tortillas and some rice.
- I usually do six, so the we have the leftovers.
This was very good!! I used my homegrown Hawaiian white pineapple and used 3 chicken breasts. I now have 1 leftover for my lunch. Yummy!
Simple, easy recipe! Next time, I'm going to use hot salsa instead of mild, because I think the pineapple would still balance out the heat (but we do like spicy things around here!) Also, I agree with the other reviewer that you can actually drain everything (salsa, beans & pineapple) and still have plenty of liquid. Thanks for posting!