Recipe by Cathy17
This gorgeous salsa has no tomato, so it keeps well at least overnight. It's just the ticket to add glamour to grilled pork, fish or chicken burgers. From Chatelaine trusty triple tested recipes. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by JackieMarie
Just made this to top the Hawaiian Chicken & Coconut Rice I'm making for dinner tonight. Very easy & fresh tasting. Didn't have a red onion, just used a white onion and it delicious!
- 1⁄2 pineapple, peeled or 1 (500 ml) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 red pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop pineapple into small pieces to measure a total of 2 cups.
- Core and seed pepper, then chop into pieces the same size as pineapple.
- Finely chop onion and coriander/cilantro.
- Place all in a bowl.
- Stir in lime juice, oil and salt.
- Serve right away or refrigerate.
- Delicious with burgers, chicken, steaks or pork.