Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Fantastic!! I left out the onions as I don't care for them, and used extra jalapeno because we love it. Perfect blend of sweet, savory and spicy. Served with with baked tortilla scoops and just loved it - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Delicious. I cut up an entire pineapple, which was about 3 1/2 cups, and adjusted ingredients. My tomatoes disappeared, so did not use any, but used everything else indicated. Very bright flavors. That little bit of olive oil helps carry the spices throughout, so do not omit it. I think this would be a wonderful accompaniment to chicken or pork. Also, I think it would be interesting to try to grill the pineapple before cutting it up - I think that would be an interesting variation.
What a great salsa!! I made it exactly as written and served it with fresh homemade corn tortilla chips. The pineapple, tomato, and jalapeno really work well together. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Pacific Islands.