Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful with pork steaks or chops! Goes well with any bbq'd meats.
Make and share this Pineapple Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh pineapple or 1 1⁄2 cups drained canned pineapple chunks, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet pepper, any colour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons squeezed lime juice
- salt & pepper
- In a small glass bowl combine all ingredients, blend well.
- Refrigerate in airtight glass container for up to 3 days.
DH picked this out for us to try. I used fresh pineapple and Hoo Doggies--gave the salsa a great sweet and tart flavor. Of course, we loved the cilantro too. I served this with grilled pork tenderloin and it was a great accompaniment. Thanks Dorothy. Sure 'preciate ya!
I tried this salsa while testing foods for an upcoming luau. It had good flavor, but after about an hour the salsa looked greenish in color. It lacked in presentation. I also added a few peppers to liven up the flavor. I would serve this salsa again but it's not a favorite. Thanks for the recipe Derf.
So yummy and refreshing. Loved it. Thanks for posting!