Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicous idea for a warm evening! Serve this fresh salsa with torilla chips, stirred into hot rice or along with grilled chicken or pork. From Southern Living.
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
Awesome! Was looking for something different to add to the chicken and this was it. I did have to adapt to what i had in the house so i didn't add the jalepenos and used shallots instead of green onion. Thanks for sharing. :)
I love this with tortilla chips! It's also wonderful with grilled chicken. Especially good when you can get a nice sweet pineapple to offset the spicy peppers. Thanks, Bev, for posting!