Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's a great recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 4 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the flour, sugar, tapioca, vinegar, and the reserved pineapple juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Remove from heat and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, apples, peanuts, and chilled tapioca mixture.
- Fold in the whipped topping and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
I substituted walnuts coursely chopped and peeled the apples. The textures and taste were good.It was a good mix. Substitutions for dietary reasons.