Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be chilled and served over pineapple ice cubes.
Make and share this Pineapple Sage Tea - Hot or Iced recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml pineapple juice, for ice cubes, optional for iced tea
- 118.29 ml packed fresh pineapple sage leaf
- 59.14 ml local honey
- 1 lemons or 1 lime
- Freeze pineapple juice in ice cube trays if making iced tea.
- Bring 1 quart bottled water just to a boil and pour over the sage leaves.
- Stir in honey and lemon or lime juice to taste.
- Steep for 20 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and then strain into tea cups.
- If enjoying iced cool in refrigerator and pour in a tall glass filled with the pineapple ice cubes.
- Garnish with pineapple sage leaves and or flowers.
Wonderful!!! This is a great tasting tea, hot or cold, with or without the pineapple juice, lemon and honey! Made with regular sage, as I cannot find pineapple sage and I only steeped mine for about 5 minutes, which was fine in this case. Will have to make again using pineapple sage and pineapple juice ice cubes, next time... Fantastic recipe, we really enjoyed this tea. Thanks Rita! Made for the Magic of Herbs Event in photos forum.