Recipe by Efz001 in the Midwest US
I got this from an appetizer book from many years ago that had three different recipes for Rumaki, but this one was/is my favorite. Sweet yet flavorful. When I bring this parties, everyone LOVES them. They fly off the plate! It's a great finger food and can be made in advance (one or two days max) and refridgerated until it is time to serve. I prefer to serve them hot/warm, but they are just as good when cold.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the french dressing and pineapple chunks in a bag to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Cut each of the bacon slices into three pieces (1 bacon slice=3 small stripes of bacon).
- Preheat your oven to broil and set for 350 degrees.
- After the 15 minutes are up, take the pineapple chunks and wrap them with the bacon and put a wooden toothpick through the bacon and the pineapple to secure the rumaki together.
- Take a baking sheet and put the rumaki onto the baking sheet.
- Broil one side of the rumaki until it looks done, which should be around 6-8 minutes depending on how hot your oven is (if you want the rumaki to be crisper, leave it under the broil for a little longer).
- After the one side of the rumaki is cooked, take the baking sheet out. Grab the toothpick and flip the rumaki to the other side, which is not cooked. (Be careful as the baking sheet will be hot.).
- Put the baking sheet in the oven again. Broil for another 6-8 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Now get ready to serve the rumaki.