Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I haven't tried these yet, but I think they sound great.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
I didn't rate these because i think the recipe needs an adjustment. The flavor was really good, but they were more like discs of cake than cookies. I'm thinking eliminating the baking powder would fix the problem and give them more of a cookie texture.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl cream shortening. Add eggs, one at a time, pineapple, and rum extract, beating well after each addition. Mix in dry ingredients, blending well.
- Drop very small spoonfuls of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.