Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another Italian Easter favorite. Nice, but not too sweet. I buy two frozen Pie crusts and use one for the pie and the other I remove and flatten out, to cut into strips and make lattice pattern on top. Delicious! Enjoy!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 pie crusts, unbaked
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In saucepan combine pineapple, cornstarch and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix and bring to low boil. Continue to cook until slightly thickened. Remove and set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine Ricotta, cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg and rum if you want. mix until smooth.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Spread pineapple mixture evenly on top. Slowly add over the Ricotta mixture and try to cover evenly.
- Cut 2nd pie crust into 1" strips and arrange over the top in a lattice fashion.
- Mix remaining egg and milk in small bowl.
- Brush egg/milk mixture over top of pie.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn heat down to 375°F and cook for 20-25 minutes more. You want the top to be a nice golden brown and the mixture will be slightly "jiggly".
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 hour before putting in fridge. It's best to let it sit in fridge for at least another hour before serving.