1 hr 10 mins
This is another Italian Easter favorite. Nice, but not too sweet. I buy two frozen Pie crusts and use one for the pie and the other I remove and flatten out, to cut into strips and make lattice pattern on top. Delicious! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2In saucepan combine pineapple, cornstarch and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix and bring to low boil. Continue to cook until slightly thickened. Remove and set aside.
- 3In mixing bowl combine Ricotta, cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg and rum if you want. mix until smooth.
- 4Pour into pie shell.
- 5Spread pineapple mixture evenly on top. Slowly add over the Ricotta mixture and try to cover evenly.
- 6Cut 2nd pie crust into 1" strips and arrange over the top in a lattice fashion.
- 7Mix remaining egg and milk in small bowl.
- 8Brush egg/milk mixture over top of pie.
- 9Bake in 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- 10After 15 minutes, turn heat down to 375°F and cook for 20-25 minutes more. You want the top to be a nice golden brown and the mixture will be slightly "jiggly".
- 11Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 hour before putting in fridge. It's best to let it sit in fridge for at least another hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Ricotta Pie- Italian Style
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 313.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g