Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
- 946.36 ml milk, divided
- 709.77 ml cooked long-grain rice
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine 3 1/2 c milk, rice, sugar, and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese.
- Beat in eggs and remaining milk.
- Stir into rice mixture.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees.
- Add vanilla.
- Spoon into six dessert dishes.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, butter, salt and pineapple juice.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in vanilla and pineapple.
- Spoon over pudding.
This is really good! Easy to make, too. The rice pudding is not very sweet but the pineapple sauce is, so they go well together.