Recipe by weekend cooker
A simple recipe to make and it has fabulous flavoring.
Top Review by twissis
This yummy treat is so easy-to-fix + ingredient-friendly & the crock-pot cook method avoids the usual muss & fuss. I was using sml cans of crushed pineapple w/flip-top pulls to open, 1 of them broke off completely & I could not get the can open. I had already opted to use the juice from the pineapple to cook the rice & that worked well to help adjust for the short amt of pineapple as the flavour was outstanding. I am sure it would be even more flavourful, textural & colourful w/the full amt of pineapple. I ckd it at 1 hr, gave the pudding a quick stir & ckd it again at 2 hrs. The pudding was creamy & nearly done, so I shut off the c-p & let it finish cooking (a method I recommend). I sprinkled the top w/a bit of brown sugar + the opt chopped pecans to serve. This is comfort food at its finest. Congrats on your *Football Pool* win & thx for sharing this keeper recipe w/us. :-)
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, liquid reserved
- pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rice, sugar and half-and-half and mix well.
- Stir in cornstarch, eggs, vanilla and pineapple.
- Pour into 4-5 quart slow cooker coated with vegetable cooking spray,.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, top each serving with toasted chopped pecans if desired.