Recipe by Kaarin
A sweet and fluffy Jello salad. The rice and pineapple add interesting texture. This is a great summer salad! The recipe is adapted from a local cookbook, contributed by a New Zealand foreign exchange student. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Chef jshaffer
Followed recipe exactly and got a very different jello salad. Really nice and so different. Sort of a cross between rice pudding and lime jello, but with a custardy twist. I don't have small children, but I bet they would love this. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, reserved from draining crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice, cold
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jello gelatin in boiling water; add pineapple juice and refrigerate 1 hour to cool. Also chill the condensed milk for 1 hour.
- Beat the condensed milk till thick (I use my kitchenaid mixer on high for 5 minutes.).
- Beat Jello till light and fluffy (about 3 minutes with a mixer), then add condensed milk.
- Fold in rice and well drained pineapple. Chill at least 1 hour.