Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
So good, you'll come back for seconds and thirds.
- 4 cups cooked rice, that has been removed from pan it was cooked in with a fork so as not to mash the grains
- 2 cups undrained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- In a separate pan (from the one rice was cooking in), place pineapple, sugar, butter and let simmer over a low fire.
- When it reaches a thin syrup stage, remove from stove and add nutmeg.
- Butter baking dish and place in alternate layers the cooked rice and the pineapple sauce, the last layer being pineapple.
- Bake in 350° oven, 25-30 min.
- or until lightly browned on top.
- If rice seems to be getting too dry before browning, carefully add a few spoons of water.
- Serves 8.
- This could easily be used as a dessert, but it's a wonderful side dish with pork.
Everyone liked this served with #53010 Roast Pork. I cut the butter by half.
This sounds very much like the stuff my mom use to make for me in an attempt to get me to eat breakfast! I can't wait to make it again!