Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
May be used for dessert or side dish. My mother always made this for holidays or on special occasions.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pineapple (crushed or tidbits)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton whipping cream (or you can use cool whip. Taste much better with whipping cream.)
- Cook rice as directed until tender.
- Drain and rinse rice in cold water.
- Drain pineapple and save the juice for mixture below.
- Mix eggs, sugar, and pineapple juice and cook mixture until thick.
- Let cool then add to rice.
- Combine all ingredients.
- When ready to serve make whip cream and add to rice mixture.
I remember my mom making this recipe also..I tried to recreate it but it didn't taste the same until I saw your recipe. EGGS ! that was what was missing : ) It is so good we used it for Holiday Dessert type salads.