This is a sweet rice dish that can beserved as a side dish, either hot or cold. It is also a great dessert if served with cream.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Boil rice.
- Place 1/3 of rice in bottom of buttered baking dish.
- Cover with half of the pineapple, half the brown sugar, and half of the butter.
- Repeat with next 1/3 of rice and second half of pineapple, brown sugar and butter.
- cover with last 1/3 of rice and pour over pineapple juice.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
Fabulous and easy recipe! I love it!
This recipe is great and easy to make.
very easy, with little ingredients. i'm eating it right now in between typing sentences. i tried it with a 20oz can crushed pineapple and used the syrup it came in instead of juice. it worked great - but i suggest: use less pineapple if crushed is used (or better yet - add more rice!) dilute the syrup with water it was pretty sweet! now that i've had it warm, i'll try it cold tomorrow.