Recipe by Lainey39
Make your own pie crust or use a refrigerated pie crust if you are in a hurry. This pie is delicious with fresh or frozen rhubarb.
Top Review by LUv 2 BaKE
Who would have thought pineapple and rhubarb? Delicious! the pie held together great when cut and was the perfect consistancy. I did use quite a bit less sugar but I find that I have to do that with rhubarb recipes a lot. This is a really great pie. I love the flavours. Thanks! Reviewed during ZWT 4.
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (15 ounce) packagerefrigerated pie pastry (or make your own)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and lemon peel. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom pastry.
- Add the filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or make decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool. Refrigerate leftovers.