Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a surprisingly different (and good) rhubarb pie. It's very tropical like and super easy to put together! I always use Shake-A-Pie Crust for my pie crust and it comes out perfect every time!
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 946.36 ml rhubarb, chopped
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml Splenda granular
- 2 (453.59 g) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml Splenda granular
- 118.29 ml flour
- 59.14 ml old fashioned oats
- 44.37 ml butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine rhubarb and cornstarch, set aside.
- Roll out pie crust into 8 inch pie plate.
- Pour rhubarb and cornstarch mixture into prepared crust.
- Combine sugar and Splenda; sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
- Top evenly with drained pineapple.
- Prepare Topping: combine sugars, flour and oats, then cut in butter using a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle topping over pineapple.
- Cover edges of pie with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 25-30 minutes until topping is golden.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Store leftovers in fridge.
This was such a treat, sweet and tart. I found the perfect rhubarb recipe ;) Will make again, thanks for sharing :)
Oh my goodness, this is just wonderful! How unique and tasty. My family loved it and I will definitely be making it again. I made exactly as stated except used sugar in place of Splenda. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag. Rhubarb is one my favorite spring fruits and this was a nice change from Strawberry Rhubarb pie. Because I eat gluten free I made this without a pie shell - much like a crisp. I didn't have enough rhubarb to make the entire filling recipe, so I only made half, but use the entire topping recipe. I also subbed regular sugar for the Splenda because I've not had good luck combining Splenda with gluten free flours. Anyway, this was good and when I have a little more time, I'll try this as a regular pie. Thanks for posting this Brooke!