Recipe by FloridaNative
This yogurt and quinoa breakfast dish from nutritionist Cynthia Sass's "Cinch!" cookbook gets an extra boost of nutrition from a surprising source: cinnamon. The flavorful spice contains four times as many antioxidants as a handful of blueberries. From The Martha Stewart Show, January 2011 and wholeliving.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces plain fat-free Greek yogurt or 6 ounces soy yogurt, preferably organic
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup cooked red quinoa, chilled
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds