Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Three small scoops in a martini glass make an elegant presentation
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup Chambord raspberry liquor (raspberry-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Combine sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Combine sugar mixture, juices, Chambord, vodka, and food coloring, if desired, in a large bowl; stir well. Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight.