- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup canned pineapple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pineapple syrup, from the can
- 1 cup yogurt, beaten till smooth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder, to taste
- 3 -4 curry leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- Allow to splutter.
- Once they stop spluttering, add ginger, chopped pineapple and the pineapple syrup.
- Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour into a bowl that has the beaten yogurt.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and curry leaves.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with a few slices of pineapple from the can.
- Serve chilled.