Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I included the cooling time for the raisins in the prep time.
Make and share this Pineapple-Raisin Sweet Potato Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely shredded peeled sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Drain the juice from the pineapple into a 1 qt.
- saucepan; set pineapple aside.
- Add raisins to the juice and heat to boiling; remove pan from heat and let stand until raisins are plump and cooled- about 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10" Bundt pan or another tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir in sweet potatoes until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, eggs, vanilla, raisins, and drained pineapple.
- Stir into flour mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes; turn out onto serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar.