Recipe by ciao
I made this for our Easter ham. I couldn't find a recipe that I liked that had pieces of pineapple in it, only the juice. I found this on a net search, after going through many pages, lol. I had to make a little change, adding cornstarch to thicken it. The amounts here I have doubled, so we could have sauce with our leftovers, but you can cut the recipe by half, if you prefer.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.16 ml cider vinegar
- 59.16 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml pineapple juice
- 1 crushed pineapple
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 9.85-14.78 ml cornstarch, mixed with a about 2 tbsp water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl,mix together the sugar, mustard and flour.
- In a saucepan, mix the remaining ingredients, then add the dry ingredients to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, cook on a low boil for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch-water mixture,and cook a few minutes more, until thickened.