Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this for our Easter ham. I couldn't find a recipe that I liked that had pieces of pineapple in it, only the juice. I found this on a net search, after going through many pages, lol. I had to make a little change, adding cornstarch to thicken it. The amounts here I have doubled, so we could have sauce with our leftovers, but you can cut the recipe by half, if you prefer.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 crushed pineapple
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 -3 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with a about 2 tbsp water
- In a bowl,mix together the sugar, mustard and flour.
- In a saucepan, mix the remaining ingredients, then add the dry ingredients to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, cook on a low boil for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch-water mixture,and cook a few minutes more, until thickened.
I made this for our Christmas dinner. The only modification I made was that I poured it over my ham about the last hour of cooking. It was very good.