1/2 Photos of Pineapple-Raisin Sauce
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe was meant to be served with glazed ham, but I've found the sauce to be a nice accompanyment for both pork & chicken! Four cups of fresh pineapple (diced medium) can be used instead of canned pineapple. If you want a somewhat less lumpy sauce, I'd suggest using crushed pineapple instead of the chunks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan, mix together brown sugar, mustard, ginger & cloves so that mustard moistens sugar.
- 2To sugar mixture, add drained pineapple chunks, diced onion & raisins.
- 3Over medium-high heat, bring JUST to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low & SIMMER about 10-15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- 4Mix cornstarch with water, then, stirring this mixture into the raisin sauce, continue to simmer about 8-10 minutes.
- 5Serve with pork or chicken (OR ham) -- OR -- !
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple-Raisin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honey dijon mustard