Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
In ' Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters'. Circa 1930s
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Position oven rack in the middle of oven; preheat to 350°.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch ovenproof glass baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain thoroughly.
- Add drained noodles to a big bowl; mix in cottage cheese, brown sugar, and sour cream.
- Add eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla; mix to combine.
- Roll pineapple in paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Chop coarsely and fold into noodle mixture; fold in raisins.
- Turn mixture into baking dish.
- Topping: pour melted butter on top and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until kugel bubbles and noodles on top turn golden brown.
- Place on rack to cool; serve hot or cold with sour cream.
- Store covered with wax paper in the refrigerator.