1 hr 25 mins
In ' Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters'. Circa 1930s
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1Position oven rack in the middle of oven; preheat to 350°.
- 2Coat a 9 x 13 inch ovenproof glass baking dish with vegetable spray.
- 3Cook noodles according to package directions and drain thoroughly.
- 4Add drained noodles to a big bowl; mix in cottage cheese, brown sugar, and sour cream.
- 5Add eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla; mix to combine.
- 6Roll pineapple in paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- 7Chop coarsely and fold into noodle mixture; fold in raisins.
- 8Turn mixture into baking dish.
- 9Topping: pour melted butter on top and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 10Bake 50-55 minutes or until kugel bubbles and noodles on top turn golden brown.
- 11Place on rack to cool; serve hot or cold with sour cream.
- 12Store covered with wax paper in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Raisin Dessert Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 233.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 8.7 g