Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Sweet and tangy and so refreshing on a hot day.
- 1 lb bacon
- 8 cups broccoli florets (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onions or 1⁄3 cup vidalia onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until brown. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside.
- In large bowl combine broccoli, cheese, pineapple, raisins and onion.
- Crumble bacon; add to broccoli mixture.
- For dressing, in small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours.
Love this!! My mom and I picked up a pineapple broccoli salad at a deli the other day and we knew we could make an even better version at home. This is the recipe!!! We did omit the cheese out of personal preference and used 1/2 of the dressing since we don't like salads that are really creamy. The ingredients work so well together. Thanks for posting!