Recipe by Xexe
This recipe has been adapted from it's orignal due to it not being very popular. You can leave the rum out if you'd like. Make sure you grind the spices finely you don't want chunks of cloves as you are drinking this.
Top Review by Engrossed
This is a very nice punch! I made 2 servings and heated ground spices with a little pineapple juice in the microwave. I used lite coconut milk and Splenda in place of sugar. Freddy Cat says it was nice visiting you again!
- 46 ounces pineapple juice (one large can)
- 1 cup water
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 quart light rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the pineapple, Coconut milk and water in a large pitcher.
- lightly toast the spices in a small skillet on very low heat. Just until you can smell them.
- Move the whole spices to a spice grinder or a coffee bean grinder.
- (NOTE: Do NOT use your coffee grinder to grind spices if you are going to use it again for coffee.The oils from the spices will ruin how your coffee tastes.).
- Add the spices and sugar to the pineapple mixture and stir till combined.
- If this is going to be an adult punch you can add the rum now.
- If this is going to be a child friendly punch then serve it without the rum very cold.