Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Excellent side dish that our family serves every Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Make and share this Pineapple Pudding from the Wood Family recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup egg white (or you can use whole eggs if you wish)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I have also done this with whole wheat flour for a healthier dish)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (I have also used Splenda instead of sugar)
- 8 ounces pineapple in juice, crushed
- 5 slices bread, cubed (I have also used a light bread to save on the calories)
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted (I have also used light butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 inch square baking dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Beat the egg whites with the mixer.
- Add the flours, sugar and pineapple.
- Melt butter and mix in the 5 slices of cubed bread.
- Put the butter and bread mix in the prepared baking dish and put the pineapple mixture on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350.