Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Old family recipe submitted by Aunt Darlene.
- 1 yellow cake mix (18.4 oz)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packets instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes
- Prepare yellow cake mix as directed on package. Bake in 11x17x1 deep jelly pan, which has been greased and floured. Bake 20 to 25 minutes on 350 degrees. Let cool.
- Combine 2 packages instant pudding, cream cheese and milk. Beat slowly until thick and smooth. Pour on cooled cake. Refrigerate.
- Drain crushed pineapple well. Spread on top of pudding layer. Carefully spread 1 large container of cool whip on top of pineapple layer.
- Cover with chopped nuts and/or coconut. Keeps refrigerated for 4-5 days.