Recipe by Julie Hollie
This recipe is very simple to make and is very moist.
Top Review by Chef Charlee
This cake is easy to prepare and the cake is delicious, moist and we just loved it! My DH said I can make it any time I get in the baking mood, so we will have this over and over in the coming years. Thank you for this one!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (4 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cake according to instructions on box and allow to cool.
- While cake is cooling make the pudding and refrigerate.
- Drain Pineapple, reserving 1/2 the liquid.
- Mix pineapple and the reserved liquid with the sugar.
- Poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon or any object that will poke resevior holes in the cake.
- Pour the pineapple mixture over the holes, next spread the pudding over the pineapple and then finish with a layer of whipped cream.