Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful dessert I got from my mother-in law. It is a big hit anywhere you take it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons self rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks or 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- Mix (with wire whisk) sugar, salt, flour, eggs and cream in a large bowl. Add pineapple.
- In a large pot melt butter with 1/2 cup milk on medium heat, add mixture and stir continuously until thick.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Layer vanilla wafers and pineapple pudding , top with crushed vanilla wafers.