1/1 Photo of Pineapple Pudding
Meanie Queenie's Note:
This recipe is exactly like an original homemade banana pudding except you use canned pineapple instead. When I was growing up this is what my Mother would make when we didn't have bananas at the house, my Daddy preferred it over banana pudding. It really is good!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 425.24 g can crushed pineapple, in it own juice (drained)
- 35 vanilla wafers (approximately 3/4 of one box)
- 177.44 ml sugar (divided, 1/2 cup & 1/4 cup)
- 78.07 ml flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 473.18 ml whole milk or 473.18 ml 2% low-fat milk or 473.18 ml canned evaporated milk, is recommended for a richer,creamier flavor
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, salt and 1/2 cup of sugar in a medium saucepan- preferably non-stick (you can also use a double boiler).
- 3Add 3 eggs yolks and milk to the dry ingredients and combine together.
- 4Stirring constantly (a whisk works wonders), cook uncovered until thickened over medium heat.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in vanilla extract.
- 7Spread a small amount of the custard (approximately 2 tablespoons) on the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 8Add 1 layer of vanilla wafers and then 1 layer of drained pineapple (half of the can).
- 9Pour approximately 1/2 of the remaining custard over the pineapple.
- 10Repeat layer- vanilla wafers, pineapple, and ending with remaining custard.
- 11Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 12Slowly add 1/4 cup sugar while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- 13Carefully spoon the egg whites over the entire custard making sure to seal to edges.
- 14Bake 15-20 minutes until egg whites are lightly browned.
- 15Enjoy Warm!
- 16Refrigerate leftovers, unless it's like at my house and there are none!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 151.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 6.2 g