Recipe by LiisaN
This is my MIL's salad...she got this at the RV park they stay at in Donna, TX. It's creamy, crunchy, sweet, slightly-salty ...and very light all rolled up into one dish...the first time she made this my SIL and MIL ate the whole bowl!!..it's addictive and often requested!
Top Review by Raquel Grinnell
Fabulous!! I had this at a potluck party a couple of years ago and have made it several time since - it's always a hit! I agree that it is more of a dessert than a salad... It's quite sweet. The saltiness of the pretzels is a good foil, and balances the dish nicely.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the crushed pretzels, butter and sugar together.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Place pretzel mixture in greased pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool slightly and break pieces into chunks.
- Beat cream cheese until well whipped and fluffy.
- Add the Cool Whip; blend well.
- Fold in the pineapple tidbits.
- Chill- for about 1 hour.
- About 1/2 hour before serving-- add pretzel pieces.
- Best served same day, otherwise the pretzels will get soggy. For a large group, I'd suggest doubling the recipe.