Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my MIL's salad...she got this at the RV park they stay at in Donna, TX. It's creamy, crunchy, sweet, slightly-salty ...and very light all rolled up into one dish...the first time she made this my SIL and MIL ate the whole bowl!!..it's addictive and often requested!
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Mix the crushed pretzels, butter and sugar together.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Place pretzel mixture in greased pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool slightly and break pieces into chunks.
- Beat cream cheese until well whipped and fluffy.
- Add the Cool Whip; blend well.
- Fold in the pineapple tidbits.
- Chill- for about 1 hour.
- About 1/2 hour before serving-- add pretzel pieces.
- Best served same day, otherwise the pretzels will get soggy. For a large group, I'd suggest doubling the recipe.
Fabulous!! I had this at a potluck party a couple of years ago and have made it several time since - it's always a hit! I agree that it is more of a dessert than a salad... It's quite sweet. The saltiness of the pretzels is a good foil, and balances the dish nicely.
I had this at a party this weekend and it was delicious. I loved the blend of sweet and salty. Very good and easy to make. I also agree that it's more of a dessert, but who cares when it tastes this good?!
Great recipe! I made and doubled this for work today and was a huge hit! Thanks for a great summer recipe!