Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family loves this recipe. I can't remember where I first got but after a request a fellow Zaar member posted it for me. Thanks bunches! I make mine with out the patty of mashed potatoes. I've made these with crushed pineapple, but they are better as directed. I like to add 2-3 tablespoons Italian Style Bread Crumbs, 2 cloves minced garlic and 1/4 teaspoon each salt & pepper. I make my patties big the size of a hamburger bun and get 5 patties. These are best wrapped with Hickory flavored or regular flavor bacon. I bake mine for 1 hour and they are fully baked.
- 8 slices canned pineapple
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 16 slices bacon
- With a sharp knife, split each slice of pineapple into 2 thin slices.
- Mix the pork with beaten egg and form into 8 round patties the size of pineapple slices.
- Season the potatoes and shape into similar patties on a thin slice of pineapple.
- Place a pork patty, a potato patty on top of the pork, and top with thin slice of pineapple.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each patty in a criss-cross fashion fastening in place with toothpicks.
- Place in a baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 ¼ hours.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.