Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is the tastiest roast I've ever made! I found the recipe on southernfood.about.com and modified it to be more flavorful. I couldn't resist sharing something this tasty.
- Trim the tenderloin.
- Place tenderloin in crockpot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine 8 oz of pineapple, 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and basil.
- Pour over tenderloin.
- Cover and cook on low for six hours.
- Remove the pineapple (as it will be well on its way to brown and dried) and top the roast with the remaining 8 oz of pineapple and green peppers.
- Cook on low for another two hours.
- Remove the roast, green pepper and pineapple, and drain the juice into a saucepan.
- Return the roast, peppers and pineapple to the crockpot.
- Skim as much fat as possible from the reserve liquid, and add water until there's 1 1/2 cups.
- Stir the cornstarch into the remaining 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
- Add this mixture to the reserve liquid and cook until thickened.
- Pour over roast.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Loved this recipe. I added extra smoked garlic cloves and some five-spice powder. Deee-licious! Thanks for posting. mb
This was sooo good. My husband who says he hates pineapple devoured it. I didn't use the green pepper or the crushed pineapple - just the juice. Definitely a keeper!
This was fantastic! I left out the green pepper because I don't like it. I also didn't make the sauce to pour on the cooked roast, but it was still had amazing flavor.