Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is so yummy. I have been making it for a long time. It always goes over very well.And your house smells so good when it's cooking.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced carrot
- 1 (3 lb) rolled boneless pork loin roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 small bay leaf, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Arrange vegetables in a greased roasting pan. Season roast with salt and pepper, place roast over vegetables, fat side up, and sprinkle bay leaf on top.
- Insert meat thermometer horizontally into one end of roast. Bake at 325F for 30 to 45 minutes or until browned; turn roast over and bake 30 minutes to brown bottom side. Turn roast over again and drain off drippings.
- Combine pineapple juice and soy sauce; pour over roast , and bake 15 minutes or until therm. reads 160°F.
- Remove roast from oven, strain and reserve drippings from vegetables, and sprinkle vegetables over roast.
- Combine preserves and cornstarch, add to drippings. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk or wooden spoon. Spoon some of the glaze ovber roast; let stand 10 minutes. Serve with remaining glaze.