Recipe by Mommaof2Beauties
A pork roast with pineapple and spices, cooked in the crockpot.
Top Review by kmdipaolo
I made this the other night, but only used a small can of crushed pineapple since that's what I had. I added it (with juice) at the beginning rather than later. The roast turned out great. I thickened it with a little cornstarch and water about an hour before we ate. The next night I heated up the leftovers with some BBQ sauce for sandwiches.
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper pork roast to taste.
- Combine all ingredients, except flour and water, pour over roast.
- Put on lid and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Once done, remove roast.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Return meat and pineapple to crockpot.
- Add water to liquid to make 1 3/4 cups.
- In saucepan, blend flour and cold water together to form a smooth paste.
- Add hot reserved liquid and stir.
- Cook on medium until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Pour over roast.
- Serve with rice or potatoes.