Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a family favorite. I think my Mom found it on the back of either a Dole Pineapple lable or the back of a Minute Rice box. It's fast, easy and very tasty if you like pineapple. The Flavor can vary depending on the sweetness of the pineapple. Mom always made this in her electric skillet, but it works in a regular fry pan.
- Sprinkle porkchops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown chops well on both sides in butter in a large skillet.
- Add pineapple and juice.
- Reduce heat , cover and simmer for 20min or until tender.
- Stack the chops to one side of skillet.
- Add water and salt.
- Bring to a boil then stir in rice.
- Cover and remove from the heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
I halved the recipe & had plenty for my other half to take to work for lunch! It was very tasty, & we enjoyed it, especially with the rice! Might add something more to it another time, but might have to experiment on that a little! Still, a tasty dish! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]